Sunday, August 28, 2011

Who is Natalie Christine?


6 keywords that describe me:

optimistic
organized
blunt
creative
easy-going
sleepy



My name is Natalie Christine. I'm a Visual Communication Design major at SFSU. I've lived in South San Francisco for my entire life. This is where my parents live and grew up. I've never been out of the United States, I've been to about 10 different states but I have never traveled overseas. Which is why I have a strong desire to travel.

I've always been inspired by art and design since I was very young. I would always be drawing on walls, coloring, and painting. My mom says I would always ask for art supplies ever since I could talk. In high school, I played soccer and softball. I became very interested in writing and joined the yearbook class, where I did a lot of research, writing, and some layout. After high school, I went to Skyline Community College where I did my general education and also joined the Skyline women's soccer team. I joined the Skyline College newspaper for two semesters where I learned the basics of Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator to edit the layout of the paper, photos and graphics. This is where I really fell in love with design and experimenting with type, images, graphics, colors. I was also exposed to networking and interviewing people.

The things that influence my designs most are my family, the outdoors (nature), and music. I wish that I was more in touch with my culture, but in some ways it does influence some of my thoughts. I'm also inspired by visuals including drawings, graphics, images, graffiti, tattoos, posters, pamphlets, videos, etc. When I complete my degree SF State, I hope to take on a few internships to get some real world experience. After I've worked for a while, I hope to travel and gain knowledge and experience of what it's like to be a designer overseas. I'm very inspired by photos and art from other countries and I want to travel to experience that first hand. In the future, I would like to get a Master's degree and become an art director for a magazine or publication. Other than that, I'm not sure what will happen. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment